- Content from very popular online R course run through Coursera to be published online soon
- Convinced your fancy analysis technique is the right approach? Run it on noise and see what you get
- Science news from science newsmakers
- Should ecologists become Bayesians?
- If you’ve got a colour graph but want to print it black and white, make sure you check what it looks like first. Otherwise you might struggle to make your point.
- Andrew Gelman on poll aggregation and election forecasting
- Nate Silver’s book is #2 on the Amazon best-seller list at the moment
- Speaking of Nate Silver, here’s a blog post on the politicisation of statistical literacy. (Bonus round: Ctrl-F “Schwimmer”. Extra bonus round: Andrew Gelman comments, saying “I wrote about this on my blog”, just like everyone else on the internet)